The more you know,
the more your fish grow
The Blue Unit Solution contains our:
- Measurement system, the Lab Station,
- Data Platform and
- Counceling of customers.
An easy to install, easy to use all-in-one water
monitoring system. It will give you an early
warning on where, when and why you have
a change in water chemistry even before a
sensor would give an alarm. It provides you with
actionable insights 24/7.
The benefits of stable water quality
- Reduce feed waste and energy cost
- Lower chemical use
- Potentially decrease water exchange
- Benchmark systems to find ways to optimize
- Avoid expensive sensor upgrade and replacements
- Reduce time at sea
- Reduce costly disease treatments
- Reduce sea mortality
- Provides larger and stronger smolt for sea cages
- Creates a more stable growing environment
- Lower stress
- Faster fish growth
- Early warning against disaster events
The Blue Unit Lab Station design and how it works
Blue Unit’s innovative hardware design is a result
from many years of development and testing.
It provides innovative insight into the on-site
water treatment, as well as general water quality.
The Lab Station monitors up to 12 different locations around the farm which is enough for 3 RAS systems (depending on distances).
The processing of these data creates valuable insights that allows the fish farmer to optimize water quality by creating a more stable environment for the fish resulting in a significant increase in welfare, performance, and profitability.
How the system works
- In the Lab Station a single set of sensors measure all the water parameters.
- All data is logged and loaded online to software from where alarms can be generated. Also streamlined integration with other useful fish farm data.
- Following a measurement, all tubes and sensor heads are washed and purged of old sample water.
- The next sampling interval begins, but this time new sample points. The sequence continues automatically through all the sampling points, 24/7.
- The Lab Station automatically cleans all tubes and sensor heads to secure no biofilm build-up.
The processing of data makes it possible to provide our customers with an early warning whenever a change in water chemistry occurs.
The visualization of the data can show where, when and why there is a change in water chemistry.
The data platform provides opportunities for the customer to benchmark own performance to others anonymously.
Compared to other operational data on the farm it may help the customer to focus and manage design issues.
Following parameters are measured:
Our services provide actionable insights and expert recommendations
Our Lab Station generate daily water quality profiles across fish tanks and water treatment systems. With our extensive water quality management experience, we can help your
managers convert this data into a more stable growing environment for the fish and optimize the stripping of toxic components from the system.
Subscribe to get your data visualized and to get
access to expert water quality improvement advice
On a subscription basis, we offer to visualize your data and to analyse the information generated from your Lab Station and combine these with our wealth of water quality management experience in practical advice on how you can improve fish farm profitability.
The next step